Monday, May 11, 2015

20% Time Speech


When we were first introduced to this project, I was so confused on what I was going to do. I thought that whatever I did had to be beneficial to my future and I also had to be able to enjoy it. Within the first month of this project I realized I was wrong. My first idea on this project was to memorize all the bones in the human body. I chose this because I want to be a doctor and thought that I should start preparing right now. In my opinion starting this early is not a bad idea; the fact that I didn’t enjoy doing this was the reason why I stopped.

            After I realized I did not like my first plan, I came up with a new one. That plan was to do posts about food. I know you are probably thinking “how did you go from bones and the human body to food”, well it’s because I really like food. I originally planned to cook and post each thing I cooked or baked on my blog, share my own recipes, and share recipes I find and want to try. This plan was not a complete fail because I did share a chicken recipe that was my own, and I also did shared a lot of recipes from YouTube, pinterest, and tumblr. I guess the reason why I see this idea as a fail was because I said I would post a cooking/baking blogs but I didn’t. I kept promising to myself that I would cook anything that I wanted, but I wasn’t able to keep that promise.

            Even though I had trouble with trying to understand the whole point of this project, I think I have finally came up with the right answer (even though there is no wrong or right answer). This project was made so that I can learn more about myself and surprisingly I did. I have learned that I am very lazy. I know, I know that is not the nicest thing to say about myself, but I am normally a very pessimistic person. Plus, I think if I knew the truth about myself then I would be able to know how to fix the flaws I dislike about myself.

            Why I think I’m lazy is very obvious…is it not? Well if it isn’t, let me tell you why. When I trashed my first idea for this 20% time project, it was because I didn’t enjoy it and I was pretty sure I wouldn’t be able to accomplish it since I didn’t really have any motivations to keep me going. Another thing that screams out “you’re lazy” is that I had a lot of time on my hands to be able to cook/bake at least one thing, but I didn’t. I am pretty disappointed that I didn’t really have a goal to accomplish, but I guess learning more about myself is accomplishing something, right? But on the bright side, I did enjoy this project! I mean…come on... who wouldn’t like looking at food for an hour and twenty minutes, because I know I wouldn’t.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment